Use our wedding timeline to kick off your wedding planning.
Getting married? Well a huge congratulations from all of us here at Etiquette Events!! We hope you all had a blissful festive season and those that had a magical Christmas engagement, we can’t wait to share some of our top tips on your wedding planning timeline.
Planning a wedding can be an exciting, but also overwhelming process. One of the best ways to stay on track and make sure you don't forget anything important is to create a wedding planning timeline.
Before anything though, the first three areas to consider are budget, location and wedding size. These will lay the foundation for the rest of your wedding planning and determine almost every decision subsequent.
So, without further ado, here is our wedding planning timeline in one!
1-3 months after the proposal:
- Start planning your guest list
- Set a budget
- Choose a wedding date and venue
- Research and hire a wedding planner or start planning the wedding on your own
- Start looking for a wedding dress and suits
- Research and book a florist, Stylist (Easy!) photographer, and other vendors
8-6 months before the wedding:
- Send out save-the-dates
- Book the wedding officiant
- Plan the wedding menu and/or hire a caterer
- Finalise wedding party roles and attire
- Start planning the honeymoon
- Confirm all vendor contracts
- Begin planning the music and entertainment
6-4 months before the wedding:
- Send out wedding invitations
- Finalise wedding details with all vendors
- Plan and book wedding transportation
- Plan and book wedding accommodations
- Finalise the wedding day schedule with wedding planner or planner team
1 month before the wedding:
- Finalise wedding day details with wedding party
- Confirm final headcount with caterer
- Have the final dress fitting
- Confirm final details with all vendors
1 week before the wedding:
- Prepare any hand made gifts for guest
- Have final meeting with wedding planner or planner team
Enjoy your special day!
Remember, everyone's wedding planning process will be unique and different, but this timeline provides a good starting point to make sure you have plenty of time to plan the wedding of your dreams.
So take your time, don't rush through things, and most importantly, have fun!
Remember to delegate some tasks when you can, and you can consider using online wedding-planning tools to make it more manageable. Don't forget to take time for yourself and your partner during this process, and enjoy the lead-up to your big day.
Team Etiquette x
Need help remembering the Wedding Timeline? Why not download our digital copy! Simply CLICK HERE